Easter DIY With Recyclables-With Easter quickly approaching and the weather not providing too many shopper friendly options, I thought this make-it-yourself-gift-box would be fun to make.
This unique Easter gift box is super easy to make! A clear plastic food container is simply painted pink, blue, or yellow and topped with colorful funny-paper posies and a bow.
Easter Gift Box Directions
Recycled items: small plastic food container and color comics from a newspaper.
You will also need- 7/8 yd of 7/8″ wide ribbon, desired color chalk paint or any spray paint, floral wire, wire cutters, green floral tape, tracing paper, and a low-temperature hot glue gun and glue sticks.
- Paint the container
- Making the roses. (Make two following the directions) Trace petal pattern below, onto tracing paper; cut out. Use pattern to cut 6 petals from comics. Wrap top edges of each petal around a pencil to curl. (Fig. 1.)
- For rose center, cut a 3″ x 13″ strip from comics. Fold 1 end of strip 1/4″ to 1 side (wrong side). Matching wrong sides, fold strip in half lengthwise. (long folded edge is top of strip). Beginning with unfolded end, roll about one+quater of strip tightly; glue to secure. Roll remainder of strip loosely, folding small uneven pleats in bottom edge and spot gluing bottom edge to secure.
- With top edges curling outward, wrap bottom of 1 petal around bottom of rose center; glue to secure. Wrap a second petal around rose center opposite first petal; glue to secure. Overlapping petals, repeat to glue remaining petals around rose center.
- For stem on each rose, glue 1 end of a 2″ length of floral wire into bottom of rose. Wrap bottom of rose and wire with floral tape, covering wire completely.
- Follow Making a Multi-Loop Bow (Fig. 2) to make a double-loop bow from ribbon, below.
- Arrange roses and bow on box as desired; glue in place.
Making a Multi-Loop Bow